If you’re a professional videographer, you understand how stable videos are essential. But people don’t always sit down to record videos.
Some video shots are made on the roads, dancing grounds, and partying halls, among other places.
Unfortunately, even the most advanced phones, for example, iPhone 12 and 12 Pro with video stabilization features, do not produce stable videos when users move amidst shots.
The best Gimbal for iPhone 12 and 12 Pro smoothens and stabilizes the footage, even under intentional or unintentional moves.
It’s worth buying a gimbal as it stabilizes videos. The best gimbal brands to buy include DJI OM 4 or 5, Zhiyun SMOOTH-Q3, and Zhiyun Smooth 4 Professional, among others.
Read further to pick the best gimbal you can buy in this century.
Best Gimbal For iPhone 12 And 12 Pro
While the price differs, you must know that you could save a lot of money by buying the best gimbal on the list.
Unlocking your smartphone’s full potential, DJI OM 5 gimbal helps produce smooth video shots. Besides, it has an automatic tracking feature.
The active track 4.0 algorithm and 3-Axis Gimbal Stabilizer help produce shots with top stability and uncompromised responsiveness.
Consequently, you can record videos while running or walking. It’s ideal for live streams, YouTubing, or Vlogging – it perfectly completes the job.
No prior experience is needed to use DJI OM 5 to produce excellent shots. Why? This gimbal offers a shots guide based on the environment you’re in.
So, all you need to do is to read that guide to produce pro-like shots.
Snap your iPhone 12 or 12 Pro into your gimbal and let it take care of the balance.
The gimbal has a magnetic feature that holds your phone in place even during a high-speed movement.
So, you never have to worry about it falling off or shaking while you record.
- Track 4.0 algorithm: Keeps track of subjects without compromising on stability
- 3-Axis Gimbal Stabilizer: Offers top-notch stability even under constant or high movement.
- Built-In, 215mm Extension Rod: Gives you the privilege of having more people in the shot.
- Palm-Sized: You don’t feel its weight since it’s small to fit in your hands.
- It’s lightweight and thus portable in small bags
- Holds the phone firmly due to the magnetic feature
- Whether on a high or low-speed movement, shots are stable
- Consistently tracks all subjects due to the tack 4.0 algorithm feature
- The rod allows recording at all angles while having more people in the shots
- Connects to your smartphone through Bluetooth, so the internet isn’t always needed
- Doesn’t allow remote control
- Some mobile app features need a connection to the internet
If the above model is way too expensive for you, don’t scroll further.
Buy this model since it’s cheaper and features object tracking features, too. Therefore, it will keep track of all the target subjects.
Do you take shots for many hours? Not an issue. Zhiyun Smooth 4 Professional gimbal battery has a longer runtime.
Besides, it supports a two-charging option.
Unlike the DJI OM 5, which doesn’t need prior knowledge to operate it, Zhiyun Smooth 4 Professional needs a knowledgeable person.
This is why you must know how to balance the gimbal before taking shots.
Otherwise, you’ll not have a quality shot. So, start by sliding your smartphone so that it’s against the tilt axis.
On the back, there’s a roll-axis thumb screw.
Proceed by loosening it. This makes the horizontal arm slide, thereby adjusting the gravity center. You can change the focus to have better shots using the FN switch button.
Thankfully, you don’t have to touch the screen to change the gimbal’s current settings.
You only need to use the hot-key buttons to take control of the mobile camera and stabilizer.
This gives you the privilege to focus more on your shots and environment.
Even so, this model doesn’t work well with phones such as Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra or Phone 13 Pro Max.
- Powerful Motor: Due to the advancements in the motor, the product now works with the camera lens and LED light, among other accessories.
- Focus Pull & Zoom Capability: If you want to take closer shots, you can zoom in; alternatively, use the zoom-out option.
- Integrated control panel design: On the back is a trigger button and on the panel is a slider which is essential in switching between gimbal modes.
- It’s affordable
- On a real-time basis, the FN switch button enables a change of focus
- Its battery has a longer runtime that is ideal for areas with power issues
- Has key buttons that are an option when you need to change the settings
- It’s only ideal for lightweight phones
- You must familiarize yourself with how it works to take great shots
With the Zhiyun SMOOTH-Q3 Gimbal, you only need to touch the button to get three levels of brightness. This adjustable brightness lights up at 180 degrees.
The ZY Cami App allows you to activate the SmartFollow 3.0 feature.
The most amazing thing about this model is that by saying “hi,” it starts taking shots. This is possible due to the gesture option it uses.
What’s more, this gesture control is in several panorama modes.
The ZY Cami App offers various features, for example, special effects, speed control, filters, and music.
Not only does this model offer a stable 3-axis stabilizing technology, but it also gives excellent footage that is also smooth.
- Long battery runtime: The battery lasts for 7 to 15 hours
- Roll mechanical range: Both the minimum and maximum range is 170 degrees
- Valid Payload: Features a minimum payload of 150g and 280g as the maximum
- Pan axis movement angle range: The minimum, as well as the maximum range, is 150 degrees
- Tilt Mechanical Range: The minimum range is 80 degrees while its maximum is 260 degrees
- Offers a 3-level of brightness
- One tap activates the SmartFollow 3.0
- Offers a smooth and highly stable 3-axis stabilizing technology
- Features a horizontal to vertical shooting through a triple click
- ZY Cami App offers numerous features for professional shots
- The gesture mode allows you to start shots while far away from your phone
- Tapping on the ZY Cami App allows the use of different filters for excellent visuals
- It’s not easy for first-time users to use the stabilizer, needs time to learn
- The 8-hour battery may be too low for some people
Factors to Consider When Purchasing a Gimbal for iPhone 12 and 12 Pro
Some of the factors that are so obvious to many buyers include the cost of the gimbal and mount accessories.
But there are other more vital factors that most buyers overlook. Sadly, these overlooked factors are the apple of your selection eye.
Many buyers, therefore, end up regretting it.
- Battery quality
- Stabilization options
Let’s discuss this further below.
Never forget that your iPhone 12 and 12 Pro must be compatible with the gimbal.
Especially the smartphone camera, it’s vital to consider if it’s compatible with your smartphone.
When considering compatibility, consider a look at the following:
- Payload capacity
- Type of the camera
- Model of the camera or your smartphone model
Multiple connection options are a plus, as you get the privilege of not touching your mobile phone after mounting it on the gimbal.
Therefore, go for gimbals with various connectivity options, for example, Bluetooth and/or WIFI.
3. Stabilization Options
While a three-axis model may come at a higher cost, it’s better because it offers:
- Camera tilting stabilization
- Rolling motion stabilization
- Turning motion stabilization (or panning motion stabilization)
A two-axis model denies you the turning motion stabilization privilege. This is ideal for studios or non-live shots.
For shots that involve lots of movement, like jumping, running, and swimming, consider going for a three-axis stability feature.
4. Battery Quality
This factor is a must consider if you do shots all day or travel frequently.
Also, if your area is highly prone to power outages, you’re better off buying a gimbal that can go for more than one day (maybe two to three).
Which DJI gimbal is the best?
DJI OM 5 Smartphone gimbal is the best because it offers remarkable shots with a 3-axis stability option.
Though it may have a higher price tag than most gimbals, it’s compatible with most smartphones, not just iPhone 12 and 12 Pro.
Consider buying it, therefore.
Is it worth buying a gimbal?
Yes, for stable and high-quality shots, a gimbal is worth buying.
If you invest in a high-quality gimbal, you’ll never worry about recording excellent vlogs, live streams, or YouTube videos.
The gimbal allows you to think about your actions while it takes care of the shots!
The best Gimbal for iPhone 12 and 12 Pro allows different connectivity modes.
Such should allow you to either use Bluetooth for connectivity or WIFI to prevent tampering with the stability.
Better models may allow you to use both WIFI and Bluetooth. Also, the best gimbal should have a high-quality battery that can go for more than one day.
A three-axis gimbal is said to be a better option since it doesn’t limit you regarding what activities you can shoot.
And, of course, you must prioritize the connectivity ability. Don’t order until you’re sure your smartphone will work with the gimbal.
From our list above, DJI OM 5 Smartphone Gimbal is the best gimbal brand.
Here’s why. It features three-axis stability and connects with most phones, even the heavy ones.