5 Best Gimbals for iPhone 13, 13 Pro, and 13 Pro Max
iPhone photography is becoming more and more popular, and there are a ton of great gimbals on the market to help you capture amazingly smooth footage.
We’ve put together this list of the five best gimbals for iPhone 13, 13 Pro, and 13 Pro Max.
- Easy to use
- Great image stabilization
- Shutter button on handle
- Magnetic mounts
- Highly portable
- Easy to calibrate
- Simple to use
- Great image stablization
- Affordable price
- Magnetic phone mounts
- Upgraded motors - less heat
- Great ergonomics
- Long battery life
So whether you’re just getting started with cinematography or looking for an upgrade, read on for the perfect gimbal for you.
5 Best Gimbals for iPhone 13, 13 Pro, and 13 Pro Max
Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced videographer, the right gimbal can help you capture smooth, cinematic footage that’s sure to impress.
And with so many options available today, it can be tough to know which one is best for your needs.
Let’s get started by looking at the top gimbals for the iPhone 13, 13 Pro, and 13 Pro Max.
From sleek and lightweight models to more heavy-duty options designed for professional use, our top picks are for capturing smooth footage on your iPhone camera.
1. DJI OM 5 Smartphone Gimbal Stabilizer
The DJI OM O5 smartphone gimbal stabilizer is a great choice for anyone looking for a high-quality and affordable option to stabilize their iPhone 13, 13 Pro, or 13 Pro Max.
The new and improved gimbal offers a wide range of shooting angles, perfect for those who want to create their videos from different perspectives.
With an extension rod that can record low angles without any problem, you’ll never miss out on the best shots again.
This gimbal delivers a powerful punch thanks to the new ShotGuides function.
The AI will identify your surroundings and recommend picture sequences to provide excellent outcomes for any topic you photograph.
You may also experiment with different templates, such as pets or weddings if that’s what you’re interested in right now.
The OJI OM 5 also has 3-axis stabilization, allowing you to shoot steady footage when moving or stuck in one location.
This is ideal for vloggers that want their videos to be smooth, fluid, and free of jerky action.
This portable gimbal is simple to operate and portable. It folds up tiny enough to fit in your palm.
ActiveTrack 4.0 allows you to easily follow fast-moving objects and extend focus tracking.
This ensures that subjects remain clear at greater zoom settings – no matter how far away they are from your camera’s point of view.
- It’s simple to use
- It has a solid stabilization
- On the handle, there is a shutter button.
- You can mount using magnets
- It has various modes like Hyper lapse, CloneMe Pano, Motion Lapse
- It’s lightweight, thus making it portable.
- The gimbal’s price is a little too much.
- It doesn’t allow you to charge your phone.
2. MOZA Mini-MI
The MOZA Mini-MI is ergonomic and lightweight, with a curved handle that makes it comfortable to grip over long periods.
It features minimal physical controls making use simple as well.
Like other smartphone-focused gimbals on the market, this one comes equipped for holding your device of choice from 61mm up to 92 mm thick devices without any problems.
This is because its spring-loaded clamp will securely fasten them in place no matter what size you go with.
The Mini-MI has a 2100mAh battery that can last up to 10 hours depending on what you’re doing, though this is reduced if you use it to charge your smartphone.
While in use, the gimbal can be recharged via power banks, providing you with convenient access and never missing another shot.
It comes with a micro USB charger that takes three and a half hours to charge from empty to complete.”
The rotating ring on the camera is a fantastic addition that allows you to zoom in with your phone or tablet using Moza.
However, this will only provide digital zooming, and quality decreases, so keep that in mind when taking pictures.
You can also scroll through different modes without tapping on the screen.
- It’s cheap and also lightweight
- Its Calibration is quick and straightforward.
- Axis locking and unlocking are quick and easy, using only a few finger clicks.
- The procedure for updating the firmware is simple.
- It has excellent stability.
- Low-cost materials and construction quality
- Occasionally exhibits unpredictable behavior.
- Heavy attachments cannot be balanced.
3. DJI OM 4 Gimbal Stabilizer
The DJI OM 4 smartphone gimbal has all of the features you could want in a device, including an easy-to-use app for controlling it.
The stronger motor and greater torque allow your phone to be mounted securely on top while still being lightweight enough so as not to burden users with too much weight or bulkiness.
The beautiful and sleek DJI OM 4 gimbal is perfect for those looking to take their videos in new directions.
The handle has been revised to provide a more comfortable and easier grip at a 15° angle while allowing access to your ports.
You can even install additional accessories on top of it.
It’s equipped with a sensor that notifies you when your phone will be attached, giving the user complete control over what picture they want to take while still having access through all ports, including charging.
Whether it’s portrait mode or time-lapse photography, this device has everything one could imagine wanting out of film footage.
- The magnetic mount is an excellent time-saver.
- Upgraded motors can handle heavier phones while producing less heat.
- It has the same excellent ergonomics and user-friendly controls as its predecessor.
- It has long battery life.
- The DJI OM 4 is costly, especially compared to today’s low-budget gimbal lifestyle.
4. Zhiyun Smooth 4 Professional
The Zhiyun-Tech Smooth 4 Smartphone is a great tool for filmmakers looking to use their phones as part of the movie magic.
This stabilizer works with a free app on Android and iOS called “ZY Play,” which allows you control over camera settings like focus, zoom, etc.
Your footage will be less likely to come out jittery because there’s no need to worry about unintentional movements when recording.
The gimbal’s motion is smooth and easy to control.
You can take this wherever you want; it’s highly portable (and light.). The Smooth-4 is a high-tech camera stabilizer that can last up to 12 hours on one charge.
It features an external battery pack connector for those who want their shooting time prolonged even further.
- It is simple to use
- It has an app that you install on your phone and controls it with your phone.
- The mount is lightweight, making it ideal for vlogging.
- The buttons make it simple to use and swap between settings.
- The new Zhiyun Smooth 4 lacks a joystick, which is a significant drawback of this gimbal.
- Unlike its previous iteration, this gimbal also lacks a selfie feature, allowing users to use their smartphone’s rear camera to record a movie or take a selfie.
- Zhiyun Smooth 4 is likewise more expensive than Zhiyun Smooth Q.
5. FeiyuTech VLOG Pocket Handheld Gimbal
The Feiyu Tech VLOG Pocket Handheld Gimbal is a small, lightweight device that can hold up to a 7″ smartphone and takes smooth footage.
The VLOG Pocket’s simple toggling button allows you to power through your gimbal settings, lock, and panning needs with ease.
It also has an additional shutter release for taking photos or videos on demand.
The VLOG Pocket connects to the Feiyu For software for Android or iOS via Bluetooth 4.1, enabling a complete workflow with various filming modes.
The included micro-USB connector charge lasts around two hours. It also comes with a tiny tripod.
- You can use it without the Feiyu Tech app
- There are multiple features available when using the app
- The Feiyu Tech VLOG Pocket Handheld Gimbal has a mini tripod
- It has a long battery life
- You can’t use the iPhone while it still has a case.
- The gimbal modes should be displayed on a tiny LCD.
Features to Consider for Gimbals for iPhone 13, 13 Pro, and 13 Pro Max
When looking at gimbals for iPhone 13, 13 Pro, and 13 Pro Max, there are a few key features you will want to consider. These include:
- Phone Compatibility: Make sure the gimbal you choose is compatible with your iPhone model.
- Weight and Portability: Choose a lightweight and portable gimbal if you plan on using it while traveling or on the go.
- Battery Life: Some gimbals have longer battery life than others, so consider this when making your choice.
- Ease of Use: Many gimbals feature intuitive controls and are easy to use, while others can be more complex. Choose the one that best fits your needs and skill level.
- Additional Features: Some gimbals offer additional features like motion control or a selfie mode, which may be important depending on how you intend to use your gimbal.
- Functionality: Look for gimbals that offer a range of features and settings, such as panning, locking, and different shooting modes.
- Price: Gimbals can vary widely in terms of price, so be sure to compare the different options available and find one that fits your budget.
There are many gimbals available on the market, so it is important to consider your needs and budget when making your choice.
The best gimbal for iPhone 13 Pro Max and other iPhone 13 models will depend on how you intend to use it and what features are most important to you.
As a reminder, this is our recommended top gimbal for the iPhone 13 range.
Be sure to compare the different options available before making your final decision.