Image duplication is a problem many individuals and businesses face.
Duplicate images can take up unnecessary storage space and sometimes cause confusion; moving or deleting them helps recover space.
If you’re wondering,” How can I find duplicate images?” don’t worry.
In this blog post, we show you how to quickly and effortlessly do it. Stay tuned!
How Can I Find Duplicate Images?
To find duplicate images, you will need to install a search engine or software compatible with your computer.
This software looks for and identifies similarities in your image files taking into account their names, size, and types.
From the identified duplicates, you can proceed to backup, move or delete the images according to your preference.
Best Software to Find Duplicate Images
Many different software programs can help you find duplicate image files from your computer or external storage device.
In this blog post, we’ll introduce you to some of the best, they include:
- Duplicate Image Fixer Pro
- Duplicate File Fixer
- Gemini 2
- Duplicate Photo Cleaner
Duplicate Photo Fixer Pro
Duplicate Image Fixer Pro is a program that helps you find and remove duplicate images from your computer, currently available for Windows 7,8, and 10, mac, android, and iOS.
It’s simple to use, and it can be helpful for quickly finding and deleting duplicate files.
- Easy to use Interference
- Supports all file types
- Deletes duplicates automatically
- One-click duplicate removal option
- It is not a free app
- Its free trial only allows you to remove 15 duplicates before you are required to purchase the app.
Duplicate File Fixer
Duplicate File Fixer is a valuable program for finding and removing duplicate files on your PC or external storage. It’s quick, easy to use, and can find duplicates of any type.
It is currently available for Windows 7,8, 8.1, and 10, android, mac and iOS, Vista, and XP.
- It has a protection folder that doesn’t automatically remove duplicate results.
- It can find duplicate videos and audio also.
- Can scan duplicates in google drive.
- A bit more expensive than other software.
- You can only clean 15 duplicates with the free trial.
Gemini 2 is a program that you can use to find and remove duplicate images from your computer.
This one has a few more advanced features than ordinary software, but it’s still simple enough for anyone to use without any training.
Using analytic algorithms and smart scanning, Gemini 2 examines your internal or external storage from end to end, looking for similarities in names and file content.
- Can identify duplicate folders
- Allows you to recover images you mistakenly deleted.
- It makes disk cleanup easy.
- It may cause your computer to slow or crash.
- The Mac version is pricey.
- Gemini 2 does not run on older versions of Windows.
One of Gemini 2 most significant advantages is its ability to find files with the same name but different sizes or formats.
So if you’re interested in a program that can find and remove all types of duplicates, this is a good choice for you.
Duplicate Photo Cleaner
Duplicate Photo Cleaner is a useful program for finding and removing duplicate photos on your computer.
It’s quick, easy to use, and it can find duplicates of any type, so if you have multiple types of duplicate files or folders to keep track of, this might be the best option for you!
- With one click, you can move or delete duplicates.
- For instant results, you adjust scanning speeds.
- Allows you to exclude folders you don’t wish to scan
- Supports several image formats like; JPG, PNG, TIFF, GIF, RAW.
- It is pricey
- Has issues with scanning the whole hard drive.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is It Safe to Delete Duplicate Files?
Yes, deleting duplicate files won’t cause any problems if you’re careful not to delete important files by mistake.
But if you’re not sure whether or not deleting a particular file is safe, it is better to back up the file.
Can Google Photos Delete Duplicate Images?
No, there is currently no tool or method to delete multiple duplicates in google photos. To do this, you have to delete them manually.
However, you can automatically delete backed-up photos from your device’s internal storage from the options drop-down menu.
If your goal is taking back some of that hard drive space, or if you want a second opinion when deciding which files should stay and which ones need to be deleted, it’s worth giving the processes above a try.